Executive Health Assessments
EXECUTIVE HEALTH MEDICALS
DETECT – PREVENT- PROTECT
Greengibbon’s Executive Health Medicals provide evidence-based, comprehensive health assessments to corporate clients, the self-employed, and indeed anyone interested in the status of their current and future health. Such assessments are designed to detect, prevent and optimise management of the leading causes of illness in our society — cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer — while also addressing less common conditions, reassurance about minor health concerns, as well as some of the more practical health-related issues like end-of-life planning. Some of the features of our service include:
- We DO NOT offer different categories of health checks, as patients should not be expected to have the medical knowledge to know what should and shouldn’t be included in their own health assessment. Instead all clients receive as comprehensive an assessment as is clinically appropriate based on their own individual circumstances.
- We DO NOT recommend nor refer for whole-body scanning for tumour screening. Studies continue to show that such scans are neither sensitive, specific, nor cost-effective. Indeed they may only serve to heighten the anxieties of the patients they were meant to reassure, and result in unnecessary and potentially harmful radiation exposure and further procedures.
- We DO NOT recommend nor conduct treadmill stress ECG testing, which is no longer recommended by either the American College of Cardiology or the American Heart Association as a screening tool for coronary artery disease in asymptomatic patients. This is due to the fact that it only detects advanced coronary artery disease — and even then the chance of a positive test in an asymptomatic patient with significant disease is only about 60% (not much better than a coin toss). Instead, and only when clinically appropriate, we recommend a CT coronary artery calcium scan — a rapid, low-radiation scan (now equivalent to the radiation received from a standard mammogram) requiring no patient preparation and having no contraindications, and which is now endorsed by the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand. This test has the ability to detect both early and extensive heart disease in asymptomatic patients, many of whom would be categorised as low risk if only traditional determinants were used. As such early intervention and aggressive risk factor management can therefore be recommended to prevent further progression of the disease, potentially preventing an impending heart attack (50% of which occur in people with no prior symptoms).
- Female clients are not a neglected afterthought in what has traditionally been a male client dominated sector. All aspects of women’s health are thoroughly addressed.
- In an age of ever-increasing international travel, patients receive a personalised vaccination record (including vaccination recommendations) to assist in any future overseas travel planning.
- Pathology testing performed by the renowned by NATA and RCPA-accredited Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology, part of the Sonic Healthcare Group.
- Rather than simply a list of measurements and test results, all clients receive an individualised, holistic, confidential medical report, with a greater focus on other preventive health measures as well as recommendations to optimise the management of any chronic medical conditions.
- Paperless – all required documentation and final medical report delivered electronically via email as soon as it is completed.
- Backed up by a comprehensive specialist advisory panel.
Greengibbon Chief Medical Officer Dr Benson Riddle studied medicine at the University of Sydney, completing his clinical training at Royal North Shore and Westmead hospitals. He spent the next few years gaining valuable critical care experience in hospital emergency departments before undertaking general practice training. He has a wide variety of sub-speciality experience in military medicine (receiving a commendation for his work as a civilian medical officer for the Royal Australian Navy), telehealth (pioneer of telemedicine in Australia as one of the founding clinical leads for the Federal Government’s After-hours GP Helpline, and consulted to Telstra Health in the setup of their own telehealth platform Ready Care), corporate health (former medical director of national corporate health company PEAK Health, and an AMROA-certified Medical Review Officer for workplace drug and alcohol testing), women’s health, and travel medicine. More recently he has been consulting to a Federal Government department in response to COVID-19 where he advised on policy-making of national significance, thus helping to minimise the impact the pandemic has had in this country. And as Australia’s first SHAPE (Society for Heart Attack Prevention and Eradication) certified practitioner, Benson is determined to bring the early detection of cardiovascular disease into the 21st century with the use of more modern – and reliable – evidence-based technologies.
Dr BENSON RIDDLE
Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
SHAPE (Society for Heart Attack Prevention and Eradication) certified practitioner